Sunday, January 10, 2010

Just back from my power walk. 45 minutes this week. So sweaty! My underwear is soaking wet and sticking to me. My brow is dripping. That's good, right? I tried to pick up the pace today. I walked strong with my head up until I started to get a cramp. In my ass. And I thought, " Oh my God, my ass is cramping!". Well, when you're out walking in a public place and your ass starts to cramp, you can't exactly stop to rub it-not without calling serious attention to yourself and perhaps a visit from the police. So, I tried to walk it off. I put a little extra hitch in my step which I told myself made me look jaunty, as if I were merely dancing to the music-getting jiggy with it, if you will. I'm sure I looked like a lunatic. Happily, it was early on a Sunday and I doubt anyone was actually looking. The cramp subsided and I continued on my drippy sweaty way. I don't know if I like walking, but I love having walked.
Thanks for your continued support! Please post the link to my blog on your facebook page if you have one! Leave your words of wisdom or knock knock jokes. Whatever! As George Clooney observed, " Life is better with company!"

1 comment:

  1. Okay there's a great yoga pose that works for hip stretching and I'm going to try to explain it here. So you're standing straight with both feet together, arms at your sides. You pick up your right foot and cross your right ankle over your left knee. It's very important to keep your right foot flexed to protect your right knee joint. Then you lower down slowly by bending your left knee as though you're about to sit in a chair. When you get about as low as is comfortable, you lean forward and allow your fingertips to touch the floor to give you extra balance. Keeping your upper back straight, without straining your neck, align your hips so that they are both at the same horizontal alignment. For me this means sticking my right hip back and slightly to the right. Then hold that for 30 seconds to a minute. Switch sides and stretch the other hip in the same manner. It's painful to do but the after effects are wonderfully loose and flexible. You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete