Tuesday, January 12, 2010

I am convinced that emotions, good and bad, are trapped in fat. I ran today and shortly after I felt a well spring of emotion. I cried. What the heck? Am I going to have to blubber everytime I run? Maybe I should be a swimmer instead. That way, if I cry it'll just get lost in the pool.
Interesting sidebar....I was out the other day and noticed a crumpled piece of rubber on the sidewalk and, as I reached it, I realized that I recognized what it was. A condom. Deflated and dirty. Laying on the sidewalk, no longer useful. Wow...I continued on, and what to my wandering eyes should appear??? ANOTHER freakin' condom!! What on earth???? Where have I been? Someone somewhere is having a much better time than me. And this, gentle reader, is NOT the first day that I have run across these...um,...odes to amour. I have run across a few others. An oddity, to be sure. If these were just falling off the trash truck, wouldn't something else fall off, too? A Pepsi can? A potato chip bag? Is it a sign from God? Is it just sort of disgusting? Interesting... Something to ponder as I travel on my chubby way. If it is a sign from God, what could he be saying? Maybe that I should move to a better neighborhood? I always thought men were messy, but this is ridiculous, going way beyond being careless. What if it were tossed out a car window? That would mean that the car would have been parked on my street, that inside the car, the condom would have served its purpose, that after it was used, it was....eeeewwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!! I wonder as I wander. Tune in!

1 comment: