Friday, January 1, 2010

2010...Here we go

The year has changed! Finally! Or too soon. We'll see. I have a training partner, Candice, a co-worker and a dear friend. Literally half my age and a skinny little thing, she agreed to train with me to do the 5k in October. Candice claims to not be in good shape, in spite of her itty bitty frame, but she told me a story the other day of how she started to use her new gym membership. Candice frantically rode the stationary bike and the stairclimber until it had reported to her that she had climbed 54 flights of stairs. " And I'm not even sore..." she told me. Are you kidding????? If I climbed 54 flights of stairs I'd have to be hospitalized! Obviously, I am going to have to start training by myself for awhile.
I ordered my family to finish eating all the crap in the kitchen so I can go to the grocery store and start fresh. Fresh fruit, yogurt, whole grains, vitamins, the works. I figured my body will probably perform better for me if I give it better fuel, right? If my stomache holds out, it'll probably be fine! The first step is always the hardest....

1 comment:

  1. It's all about momentum! 2010 is going to be a great year for you my friend. I'm sure of it :)

    ReplyDelete