Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Another 30 minute walk. Sweaty. Glowing. I have discovered that music is imperative. It makes me walk harder, faster, happier. It was spiritual. I defy you to listen to Melissa Etheridge sing " I Run For Life" and not GET it. Suddenly, I felt the pound of a thousand feet around me. Not just me. Candice and Angie and women from everywhere. I hate the "warrior" cliche, as if getting cancer made me a military commander, but that's what it felt like. The enemy. And I am the soldier going to battle. I cried. Walking around the neighborhood. It is such a relief to take action. And if you don't love Beyonce you are not alive. What a woman! Listen to "Irreplaceable." I lived with this song when my husband walked out on me and I still listen to it now that he's back. Oh, honey, I am strong and beautiful and I can find another man in a minute. Wow....maybe all of this was trapped in my sweat glands! Time to go shower it off and put on my other "suit" of armour and go to work...Sigh!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment